We all know that brick is quite literally the cornerstone of construction. Tried and tested it has stood the test of time but are there better alternatives in todays evolving construction market?
Ryan Steyn from Empower Construction, specialists in the supply, installation and advice on lightweight construction, explains why you should consider lightweight for your next project. “Lightweight construction has evolved significantly over time. Although some materials have been around for decades, we’re now seeing them used more and more for structural development, as well as an external cladding. The demand for lightweight construction has grown rapidly as more people switch onto the many benefits of building with these materials.”
Innovations in lightweight products have really opened the door to construction offering numerous advantages over traditional approaches to building, such as:
- Cost effectiveness – fewer construction processes that reduce construction time and costs.
- Strength and durability – delivers a solid building that stands the test of time in any environment.
- Ease of handling – light to transport and extremely quick to install, construction can be completed in days instead of weeks.
- Safe and sound – strong thermal, acoustic and fire retardant qualities make it the perfect choice for the harsh Australian environment.
- Pleasing aesthetics – ideally suited to a wide range of modern building styles, lightweight materials can be moulded or routed to create interesting visual effects and contemporary aesthetics.
- Light on the environment – Australian made, produced using less energy that traditional materials, easily stored and transported, and with built in insulation saving on energy bills – lightweight construction is a win-win for planet earth, developers and clients alike.
There are a number of lightweight products on the market so discussing your requirements with specialists is essential. Maybe it’s time to consider lightweight construction for your next project?